With so much information about the danger of toxins, you may be wondering if you need to detox your body. Over the years I’ve read a lot of information about diets, procedures, and other common approaches to detoxification.Traditionally, detoxification was done in the spring and fall when temperatures were moderate and fresh greens were unlimited. However, the popularity of New Year’s resolutions in January pushes people to want to cleanse in the winter.
Our body is designed to detox naturally. A complete body detox is a long and committed process but can be especially rewarding. If you’ve never performed a detox, I recommend it. Detoxing is for everyone. Everyone, that is, who wants to have an abundance of physical energy, to be mentally calm and in control and to have the freedom of choice that comes from feeling really well. Some people inherit better detox systems than others, and younger people tend to have more efficient systems than older people. But a poor diet and exposure to toxic chemicals can void these natural advantages. Every day most of us encounter natural chemicals that can cause damage or irritation to the body. By detoxing you can help your system to deal with these toxins and maintain your health and well-being. When we give our bodies a rest from processing all the excesses, we’re able to let our body rebuild, repair, and strengthen organs and systems, which will protect us from disease. We won’t be subject to every cold and flu that circulates, and our bodies can begin to heal from ailments that may have plagued us for years.
Detoxing also helps us lose weight. Vast amounts of toxic substances found in our environment, including carcinogens (a substance capable of causing cancer in living tissue), are stored in fat cells. Because the body uses fat to hold toxins, thereby protecting our delicate organs, we often find it hard to lose weight. Fat is our friend when it comes to toxins. It protects us from all the acidic and toxic waste that endangers our organs.
If you are generally feeling unwell or have any definite symptoms, you should consult your doctor before detox. Many common conditions such as high blood pressure, raised cholesterol levels, allergies and diabetes can be improved by detoxing, but it is important to work with your doctor, who may need to change dosages of medication or provide you with extra guidance so that you can detox safely.
Ways To Detox Your Body
- Choose the Right Foods-One of the best things you can do to support your body’s detoxification process is to lighten its load and decrease the toxins you put in your body in the first place. Choose organic vegetables and fruits over fast food and other processed food. GMO products and pesticide contaminated foods add harmful toxins to your diet. Avoid them!
- Diet-Detoxifying your body is not only about what you avoid, but also about what you consume. Following a healthy diet can go a long way. There are also many foods that aid detoxification — garlic, lemon, broccoli sprouts, mung beans, and raw vegetables. A juice diet is also helpful and is centered around consuming freshly-made fruit and vegetable juice—preferably organic.
- Purify the Air You Breathe-Breathing clean air is another way to reduce your exposure to toxins. While you can’t control the whole environment, you can control the air in your home. Smoke, fumes, pet dander, mold, mildew, and microorganisms can make the air in your home more toxic than the air outside.
- Purify Your Body With Water-Water is possibly the most valuable tool for detoxifying your body. The body’s most basic functions require water. Our body needs water to produce saliva, help with perspiration, and remove waste.
- A Complete Body Detox-A complete body detox is a step-by-step process that focuses on each organ involved in ridding the body of toxins. You should focus on removing harmful organisms, chemicals, and toxic metals.
Signs of Toxic Overload that a Detox can Improve
- Aches and pains
- Belly fat (hard to lose)
- Skin problems
- Food cravings (especially for ‘fake foods’)
- Low energy
- Bad breath
- Irritability, mood swings
"Spring cleaning isn't just your physical surroundings. It's your vessel as well! Reset your mind, body and soul by detoxing"
Copyright ©2017 Don Cormier All Rights Reserved